17 September 2010

Finchley!




Finchley seems like a nice place I went for a walk when I first came here and took some pictures of the things I saw. I also bought a book with sketches of different things to be found in Finchley. I thought this would be nice and helpful as I like to explore and find different things.According to wikipedia
Finchley is a district in Barnet in north London, England. Finchley is on high ground, about out 11 km (7 miles) north of Charing Cross. It formed an ancient parish in the county of Middlesex, becoming a municipal borough in 1933, and has formed part of Greater London since 1965. It is predominantly a residential suburb, with three town centres.
It's also a predominatley Jewish area, hence why I'm working in a Jewish school. There are also a few famous people who live here. Apprently McFly do, yay! may favourite band in the whole wide world (sarcasm- I only know maybe one of their songs).
Finchley Central tube station sign

Avenue House Estate
A bull in a paddock at college farm around the corner from my place.

A horse and her foal at the farm as well.
A sketchbook of all things that make up finchley.

No comments:

Post a Comment