8 September 2010

Awkwardness!

I've been living in London now for about a week and am starting to feel unsure about my living choices. I never would have normally chosen this option but it came to me and feeling like it was easier I took it. Now I'm not so sure, I feel lonely. I wanted to live with others to meet people and hopefully make this time a bit easier but maybe my rash decision has meant that all has changed. The guy I live with has told me that after that 'loud' long night he had with a couple of people it wouldn't happen again and being the trusting person I am I believed this until last Saturday when about 2am I was woken by people talking loudly and music that was even louder and went up a few decibels occasionally. I couldn't get back to sleep until it all went quiet maybe only an hour or so but still what part of it wont happen again was he actually referring to cause I'm sure it happened again. Also it's really awkward between us with not a lot to say I stay in my room and he watches TV in the lounge room. I'm not really talking to anyone of an evening and when we do speak it's brief and uncomfortable. The other night we were cooking dinner together which was awkward as it's a tiny kitchen and because of the awkward silence the only thing really left to do was turn the radio on, so he did. Anyway, maybe it's just early days and things will get better. I will give him one more chance with his partying antics and then I'll have to say something or it'll drive me insane.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Keep your eye out for another place, I'm sure you'll find something perfect!

    ReplyDelete